[3830] GaQP N3AWS/M4 Rover QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Apr 14 19:15:49 EDT 2004

                    Georgia QSO Party

Call: N3AWS/M4
Operator(s): N3AWS/M4
Station: N3AWS/M4

Class: Rover QRP
QTH:

   20:          66
--------------------
Total:   0      66  CW Mults = 0  Ph Mults = 22  Total Score = 1,452

Operated from 6 counties in the end--Camden, Glynn, Brantley, Ware, Clinch, and
Lowndes.  Had planned to activate Echols and Charlton, but found myself getting
sick and losing my voice.  W9WUU worked us from all six counties.

This was a practice trip for the FL QSO Party and it's a good thing we did.  The
coax connector for our Hustler antenna was smashed and we had to get a
replacement at the last minute.  The new connector/mount is much more sturdy and
should hold up well.  Was debating whether to use the Icom 706 or Yaesu FT-817.
In the end, I went with the Icom for it's bigger screen, speech processor, DSP,
and larger controls.

Thanks to those who hung in there for the tough QSO's.  My voice must have
sounded pretty raspy on the other end.

Hope to work everyone during the 2004 running of the FQP!

73,  Jim N3AWS/m4