[3830] FlQP W1NN SOABCW LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Apr 25 08:46:36 EDT 2004

                    Florida QSO Party

Call: W1NN
Operator(s): W1NN
Station: W1NN

Class: SOABCW LP
QTH: PA

--------------------
Total:  227     0  CW Mults = 67  Ph Mults = 0  Total Score = 60,836

I could only operate on Saturday but pretty much stayed in the chair the whole
day.  I had no particular objective but I noticed that I had 60 mults by dinner
time so I made a list of the counties I needed and got out the map to see if I
had a chance of working them.  I realized that NF4A was heading in the right
direction to pick up CAH, GUL and BAY, so I kept a close lookout for him.  The
last mult came at 0119 when I finally got him in BAY.  Condx on 20 were
outstanding.  There were only a couple of times when signals got a little flaky
and even at the very end of the contest most of the mobile sigs were S6-7.

My Saturday log has a pretty amazing piece of data:  28 contacts with N4TO.  Dan
and Vic were a beacon on 14028.3 the whole day.  I never worked them on any
other band so all these contacts are in different counties.  If my calculations
are correct, that's an average of 21 minutes per county (and I may have missed
them in one or two counties).  What an incredible operation!  These guys have
really figured out this contest.

Other noteworthy QSO totals were K4BAI (19), W5WMU (19), K4KG (13), NJ4M (12)
and NF4A (11).  John and Jeff at K4BAI kept disappearing so I assume they were
also operating SSB, so their total is very impressive.  I believe 'WMU was
operating by himself so that's also pretty amazing.

Wish I could have operated the whole contest, but it was fun while it lasted.

Sure was sad not to hear K4FQP this year. RIP OJ.

73,  Hal W1NN