[3830] FlQP K9GY(@K9GY/4) SOABCW QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Apr 25 17:07:38 EDT 2004

                    Florida QSO Party

Call: K9GY
Operator(s): K9GY
Station: K9GY/4

Class: SOABCW QRP
QTH: VA

--------------------
Total:   37     0  CW Mults = 27  Ph Mults = 0  Total Score = 5,994

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

What a nice QSO party!
Glad to hear all the "OJ"s being sent :-)

Made first six QSOs from Ft. Myers (Army Post in VA) then figured that I would
have better luck parking the car on the top floor of the parking garage in
Alexandria. The extra 50-60 ft sure helped, hah!

Used FT-817 and "miracle" antenna using 12v power from VW Passat.
The setup was placed on the roof of the car.

Actually ended up missing chow at the mess hall Saturday since I stayed outside
in the 75 degree weather and made some more QSOs, hah! Sunday was pretty windy
on the garage roof!

RIP OJ...

DAYTON!
Eric

Worked:
ALC, BRA, BRE, BRO, CHA, CIT, CLR, DAD, DES, ESC, GAD, HER,
HIG, HIL, HOL, IDR, LIB, MAO, MRT, OKA, ORA, PAL, PAS, PIN,
POL, STL, VOL...c u next year :-)