[3830] FlQP W3DYA SOABCW LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Apr 25 20:13:19 EDT 2004

                    Florida QSO Party

Call: W3DYA
Operator(s): W3DYA
Station: W3DYA

Class: SOABCW LP
QTH: Texas

   40:   24     0
   20:  200     0
   15:    1     0
   10:    0     0
--------------------
Total:  225     0  CW Mults = 63  Ph Mults = 0  Total Score = 28,350

Low Power multipler = 2 x 28,350 = 56,700 total score

Great mobile activity made this a nice contest even though most of my activity
was on 20M. Never heard anyone on 10M.  On 15M worked one fixed station, but
could not hear any mobiles although could hear others working them.  Checked 15M
often so don't think there was any opening to East Texas.

Missed four counties in the western panhandle - couldn't hear them on 40M when
the contest started.  Did not hear them on 20M early in the contest either.

Had a couple of power failures and lost about a dozen entries; but it forced me
to fix my program so it makes a backs up every entry so I'll be ready next time!
 First time that has happened!

The mobile window worked very well; did have a few poachers but not too bad.  I
seldom had time to check the fixed station window and didn't find many stations
when I did.

Does FQP have a cw mobile training class?  Every mobile was fast, accurate,
flexible and considerate.  The drivers did pretty good, too!

Some day I've got to try this contest as a mobile!

73, Norm, W3DYA