[3830] FlQP N4PN SOABMixed HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Apr 26 01:37:33 EDT 2004

                    Florida QSO Party

Call: N4PN
Operator(s): N4PN
Station: N4PN

Class: SOABMixed HP
QTH: St. George Is., FL

   40:  118     132
   20:  227    1370
   15:  125      97
   10:   21      78
--------------------
Total:  541    1677  CW Mults = 76  Ph Mults = 135  Total Score = 582,149

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

WOW!
Thanks for all of the stations I worked and few I just couldn't pull thru.
Bettered my last years score by 112,000 points - more than the goal I had
set. Not a spare minute the whole twenty hours....bands were great both days.
Low-lites...some clown telling me I was 30 khz wide....told him he should
trade in his WW2 receiver and get something newer...he left. Another clown
telling me I was QRMing "his" net up 3 khz after I had been on the same
frequency for over 5 hours!! - then he gives me the ole carrier routine.
I told him if I heard one more peep from that carrier I would request that
stations call me "up 3"...he left. Almost got to the point on Sunday
afternoon where I was going to have to go "split" when it got down to the
Europeans all the same signal strength and trying to sort them out while the
Italians were constantly calling. They have awfully good lungs.
High-lites...being called by 7Q7MM, who said he was tired of the pileups..
He traveled from Europe to Southern Africa to operate and got tired of working
the pileup?..Also, being called by F5LPY/TU8, 9K2KM, VY1JA & 4S7BRG.
I couldn't get W2UOB's call letters correct and asked him for phonetics...for
which he replied..."Useless Old Buzzard"....got it then...
Left Florida QTH for Georgia within one hour after the end of the contest and
met up with Charlie, NF4A in Tallahassee for dinner.
Lots of OJ's...and maybe some will wonder what I was doing when I sent OJ/AN
in memory of two great hams and two great human beings...Jim White and
Bill Fisher...I know they were both enjoying this weekend...especially the
CW part...
Hope everyone made it back home safe...as always, the mobiles are the ones
that make the state QSO Parties work...and this one must be a record for
number of sweeps....had many stations comment they had made it and several
that told me they had completed a double sweep....GREAT!

73, Paul