[3830] FlQP K5YAA SOABMixed LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Apr 27 01:03:59 EDT 2004

                    Florida QSO Party

Call: K5YAA
Operator(s): K5YAA
Station: K5YAA

Class: SOABMixed LP
QTH: OK

   40:   55      1
   20:  331    106
   15:   49      9
   10:    1      0
--------------------
Total:  436    116  CW Mults = 67  Ph Mults = 57  Total Score = 121,272

Club: Oklahoma DX Association

Comments:

I like the mobile Q totals postings made by several ops so my listing is after
my comments about the weekend.

The pileups on mobiles were exciting and I was on the calling end!  I found
myself stopping and spending time just listening to the rumble when a mobile
crossed a county line. I'm sure they had to pick them off the edges at times
until the pile diminished.

Relentless cq'ing by many mobile ops when a county went "soft" - answers just
kept coming from somewhere. Like others have mentioned, it'd be worth a drive to
Florida just to work the pileups.

Numerous fixed stations on too.  They made 15 and 40 worthwhile from here and
even produced a 10 meter CW Q - a whisper but a Q (Thanks Paul N4PN).  Several
mobiles pounding in on 15 on Sunday.  I'm sure others were just too busy with 20
to take a peek at 15.

A CW Sweep at 0121Z Saturday evening.  NF4A (GUL) for 66 then immediately after
NJ4M (SAR) a county I had not heard all day Saturday.  Sat back in the chair for
a few moments after that surprise.

Here's my mobile Q breakdown.

First a few awards.

N4TO get's my - "How fast is that vehicle moving? Award".

W5WMU get's my "Us OTs and CW lovers can do mighty fine CW and ride in a vehicle
at the same time Award".

K4KG get's two awards - "Most OJ's Sent Award" and "Swiftest CW Award"

K4BAI and KU8E team get's my - "You Guys Must Have to Operate to Live Award"
Note:  All of us should work as hard for this award.

NF4A also get's two awards - "I Hope That Tall Wendy's Shake was Good Award"
and "The Roadside Good Samaritan Award"

Now the mobile breakdown.

Call (Qs)(Counties)

K4KG  (54)(41)
K4BAI (46)(27)
W5WMU (42)(35)
N4TO  (40)(40) <- Pure Dee 20 meter CW
NF4A  (40)(20)
N4KM  (37)(34)
N4BP  (30)(21)
NJ4M  (30)(21)
KN4Y  (19)(19)
W4OV  (14)(14)
N4OO  (9) (9)
N9KS  (3) (3)

Was planning only CW operation but couldn't resist handing out Phone Qs to
mobiles who went to the trouble to "SSB?".  Between WA3HAE and W8MJ I must have
piggy backed 30 or 40 SSB Qs - thanks guys and thanks mobiles.  MJ, pardon if I
got in the way a time or two.  Looking at your score I didn't hamper your
efforts much.  Excellent effort and tally.

Working K5YAA and the CW part of K5YAB kept the op, rigs and TRLog quite busy
for the entire 20 hours.  3 counties needed for a "Dual CW Sweep".  Didn't
realize that until too late Sunday.  Wasn't seriously working at a double - just
wanted to add to the mobile's "pickins".

Thanks to the Florida Contest Group for an outstanding turn out.  Your founder
was honored indeed.

K5YAA