[3830] WPX SSB P40A(KK9A) SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Fri Apr 30 13:08:56 EDT 2004

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: P40A
Operator(s): KK9A
Station: P40A

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Aruba

   20: 1525
   15: 1782
   10: 1034

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

I spent all of March in Aruba and I had a wonderful time.  I did a little tower
work. - I installed a 40m antenna, a WX0B SixPak antenna relay and I painted the
tower (again). I also kept busy doing various home projects.  I went to the
beach nearly every day, enjoyed dining in Aruba’s excellent restaurants and also
enjoyed my favorite hobby - contesting.

I started the contest on 20m and immediately had intentional QRM from a U.S.
station.  I was forced to abandon the frequency and after bouncing around for 10
minutes, I found a spot in 15m to run stations. After the rocky start, the rest
of the contest went very well.  Conditions were pretty good and it was a fun way
to spend my birthday.

Special thanks to everyone who worked me.  QSL via WD9DZV.

Radio:  Yaesu FT1000MP Mark-V
Software: Writelog

Antennas:
10m   4el  18’ boom  @  40’ (12m)