[3830] NAQP CW K7UAZ(WB0O) Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sat Aug 7 19:40:37 EDT 2004

                    North American QSO Party, CW

Call: K7UAZ
Operator(s): WB0O
Station: K7UAZ

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: AZ

   10:   14     7
-------------------
Total:  205    74  Total Score = 15,170

Club:

Team:

Comments:

The first time I've operated in almost a year! The contest bug has come back
and I appreciate having the University of Arizona club station nearby to
operate from. The bands seemed sluggish, but as expected in August. Too much
noise to work any 40M, the guys in the club said it's from the nuclear
reactor on the first floor of the building (not a joke!)
  My wife and I got a divorce last September, and because of employment she
got the alfalfa farm/5 tower contest station in North Dakota, and I got our
second home in a gated, don't-even-think-of-a-tower, golf course community
in Arizona. Last month my ex moved to Colorado and she sold the farm back to
me. Friends are living on it, and I plan to operate Sept CW Sprint and SSCW
from North Dakota. Hopefully the Aurora doesn't make for a wasted trip!
  Probably just like in any big city, there are some huge stations in Tucson.
They must all be DXers, I don't remember having worked anybody from here in
any domestic contests. It would be nice to get a guest op opportunity from
down here, as my job is good and I plan to stay. 73's

Bill Straw, WB0O, now in NE Tucson,AZ