[3830] NAQP CW N0AV Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Aug 8 11:25:42 EDT 2004

                    North American QSO Party, CW

Call: N0AV
Operator(s): N0AV
Station: N0AV

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: IA

Total:  712   207  Total Score = 147,384

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Team: SMC #1

Comments:

Lot's of activity and pretty good rates on the money bands (20/40) but the noise
on 80 and 160 made for tough going later in the evening. My 80m sloper array
works well for DX but it's not the best tx antenna for NAQP. I wasted too much
time trying to get runs going with this antenna and I was just not attracting
too much attention.

Picking out calls in the low band QRN was quite difficult and my SO2R use
dropped later in the contest. My SO2R skills are a work in progress and I'm
envious of the guys who can use two radios efficiently for an entire contest
period.

Thanks for the qso's and I hope to see everyone on SSB in two weeks.

Jim  N0AV