[3830] WAE CW VE7FO Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Aug 16 03:52:10 EDT 2004

                    WAE DX Contest, CW

Call: VE7FO
Operator(s): VE7FO
Station: VE7FO

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Vancouver

   20:  150   138    31
   15:   18    29    10
   10:
-------------------------
Total:  168   167    41  Total Score = 27,388

Club: British Columbia DX Club

Comments:

This is a pretty tough slog from VE7, particularly with no 10m and very little
15 that I noticed.  Oh yes, only Eu I heard on 40 was DA0WAE.  They didn't hear
me.  I didn't even bother looking at 80.

Managed to get in 15 hrs this time.  Last time was 2002 where I only put in 12
hrs for a score of 14,340.

I only messed up 1 QTC block and managed to get rid of all but one QTC.  In past
times I saved QTCs until I had 10 of them, and only then would I send them.
This time, if anyone asked they got what I had.

I managed to hold onto 14001.5 from 0501 to 0617 on the 15th.  Made 30 Qs before
they dried up.  Thought that was pretty good.

Learned how to get spots using VE7CC's AR-User program which is a front end to
AR-Cluster.  Did get 3-4 mults out of the spots.  It was fun in another way.  As
I tuned from the bottom to the top of 20 on Sunday afternoon looking for folks I
hadn't worked, I spotted everyone I heard.  Gave me something to do.  W3UL was
doing the same thing except that he was working them as he went.  So, I had fun
racing him to see if I could get the next spot up before he did.  Not sure what
this has to do with contesting, though.

All in all, might give WAE CW a miss from now until the bands turn up again.  I
will be in the SSB, at least this year, as a vehicle for my continuing training
sessions for contesting newbies.  I'll probably be in the RTTY.

73 and thanks for the Qs, particularly to all those very patient stations who
kept working at it until they dug me out of the mud.  There were a lot of
them.

Jim	VE7FO