[3830] NAQP SSB K4XS Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Aug 22 08:28:01 EDT 2004

                    North American QSO Party, SSB

Call: K4XS
Operator(s): K4XS
Station: K4XS

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: FL

  160:    3     3
Total: 1083   165  Total Score = 178,695

Club: Florida Contest Group

Team: FCG Team OJ #1

Comments:

Crappy conditions and strange ones.  I have never worked an NAQP with such poor
propogation on 10 AND 15. Beamed into a cold front and its associated
thunderstorms the whole time..QRN was ferocious on all bands. I had to work, and
I mean work, for every mult on 10 and 15.  When I finished the contest, my wife
asked me how I did.  I told her I had no idea, I think everybody struggled.
Judging by the early returns, 10 and 15 sucked big time.

On the positive side, a big thumbs up for Bob Heil's new noise cancelling
headphones.  They really help null out the noise with two computer fans and
general house noise in the background.  Also, a big thanks for those who moved
to other bands and those who repeated their exchange several times because it
got lost in the heavy QRN.