[3830] SARTG F6IRF SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Aug 23 06:49:18 EDT 2004

                    SARTG WW RTTY Contest

Call: F6IRF
Operator(s): F6IRF
Station: F6IRF

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: JN35

   80:  105  1085   31+2
   40:  159  1775   44+8
   20:  302  3625  54+23
   15:  152  1835  46+17
   10:    6    70    4+0
-------------------------
Total:  724  8390    229  Total Score = 1,921,310

Club: CDXC

Comments:

Station:
IC756 proII + homebrew 4CX250 PA - 400W
Optibeam OB6-3M (2el/bd) @40 feet //  inv-V dipoles @60 feet
N1MM Logger V4.0.82 - TTY terminal MTTY 1.65

First attempt in this contest. Thanks to the contest original 3 periods format,
it has been easy to achieve the full 24 hours despite some other commitments...

Everything went extremely well, especialy taking into account my modest domestic
setup and  the  DX conditions on the high bands: 15 and 20m poor to JA and W
with most QSO's achieved with very thin S/N ratios and 10m empty most of the
time (although the band opened several times through E's, an that according to
the beacons - and 4Z8EE signal- some F-pathes were also open). Anyway, we have
to get used to it...  The good weekend surprises: EM1HO, DU7/G4DUM, HR1RMG,
KP2D, ZP5DBC...  the 5 banders: C4C, SM5FUG, SM6CNN, SK4RY, SP6GCU. But once
again did not manage to find/hear GU0SUP on any band... (Phil I am damned !)
Also the first serious contest attempt with my new station setup: New
transceiver, new homebrew 2Ghz PC (with lot of memory and  COM ports...). N1MM
performed extremely well on the new machine... really a great product... when
the processing power is available, I do believe that this "freeware"  is now
better than anything else... (i.e the MMTY/AFC auto-switch / mark freq. reset
when switching from run to S&P).  The proII filters also did great job on the
crowded 20/40 bands, and really appreciated the spectrum display for ex. to
quickly check 10m openings... Just missing a 100' tower and a quieter location
now !
Thanks to SARTG for organizing, to all for the QSO's and see you next week in
the SCC. Patrick

QSO and mults details
	F	EU	DX	DXCC	W	VE	JA	VK
80m	1	96	8	31	2	0	0	0