[3830] NAQP SSB K4BAI Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Aug 23 13:50:12 EDT 2004

                    North American QSO Party, SSB

Call: K4BAI
Operator(s): K4BAI
Station: K4BAI

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: GA

  160:    6     5
   15:   10     8
   10:    3     3
-------------------
Total:  435   115  Total Score = 50,025

Club: South East Contest Club

Team: SECC Team 1

Comments:

What a difference a year makes!  Last year with 9.1 hours, made 611 QSOs, 145
mults, and 88,595 points.  Many QSOs on 15 and 10.  This year, 10 and 15 were
dead at the beginning and 20 meters was long and weak.  Got two California
stations on 15 in the early afternoon.  20 picked up and 40 was beginning to be
good when I had to QRT at 2121Z for a wedding and reception.  Got back on at
0045Z.  40 was still good and not long at all (although I am told it was long
earlier).  20 was still good short and stayed in with good activity until the
last couple of hours.  Was surprised to find some short skip on 15 and 10 for a
few minutes beginning about 0222Z.  (I have learned that I missed some short
similar openings earlier.)  I worked WI, IA, MD, MA, RI, and MI on 15 and MA and
MN on 10.  QRN was bothersome on 40, but was terrible on 75.  160 didn't seem as
bad on QRN, but I went there late and missed a lot.  Worked everyone I could
hear on 160 except K5NA and KT0R, who couldn't hear me.  Definitely need a
better antenna for 160, but was pleased with my first excursion to that band
since April.

Thanks for all the QSOs.  Hope everyone had a good time in spite of
conditions.

73,   John, K4BAI.