[3830] CQWW CW EI/SP4Z SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Dec 2 13:56:37 EST 2004

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: EI/SP4Z
Operator(s): SP4Z
Station: EI/SP4Z

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Maynooth, Ireland

  160:  135     7       40
   80:  409    11       54
   40:  318    19       74
   20:  528    24       78
   15:  394    20       73
   10:   24    12       19

Club: SPDX Club

Comments:

Hi fellows:
It was my first operation out of SP land. I moved to more western side of Europe
but on same north altitiude. So in my log there is no many Asian stations due to
working 100W output power (ICOM706mkIIg). Lost two hours to repair broken two
wires of inverted Vee for 80 and 160 m (too much tensioned) - I had to pull down
mast with spiderbeam antenna with 40m dipole on top of the beam (thanks to Con
DF4SA for inspirance me to do that project). Beam worked perfect but not many
contacts on 10m where are 4 wires elements - poor conditions.
It was a nice expirience - and how job must do serious contesters with HP entry
going abroad? I can imagine now.
73, Wes SP4Z