[3830] CQWW CW IH9P(OL5Y) SOSB/15 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sat Dec 4 16:08:27 EST 2004

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: IH9P
Operator(s): OL5Y
Station: IH9P

Class: SOSB/15 HP
QTH:

   15: 3303    37      129

Club: Tikirriki Contest Club

Comments:

It was my first try in SB 15m category. I really enjoyed! Just before the
contest I made very light 4el OWA (designed by Jiri OK1RI – thanks!) and that
worked very fine (several photos at http://www.radioamater.cz/ol5y/15m4el/).
I expected that the band would be opened for longer time, but it closed
extremely sharply (from 3 QSO/min to zero for 10 min) both days about 1 hour
after the sunset. So I seriously operated for about 22 hours. For me, it was
very interesting to realize, that work CW with almost constant rate around 200/h
for 11 hour (Saturday) is quite hard job, hi. I wasted about two hours by trying
to call a lot of multipliers, especially from Caribbean – several times without
success. It was probably my biggest strategy mistake. I very often tried to
listen from unusual direction on second antenna (3el tribander) and it pay off –
a lot of nice multipliers have come.
Thanks to all who called me!
RIG: IC756 & ACOM 2000A
ANT: 4el yagi @ 12m, 3el tribander ECO @ 12m