[3830] ARRL 160 K9MU Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 5 15:48:14 EST 2004

                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: K9MU
Operator(s): K9MU
Station: K9MU

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: WI
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  QSOs = 215  Sections = 50  Countries = 0  Total Score = 21,500

Club: Minnesota Wireless Association

Comments:

I was shooting for a measly 50 Q's and quickly put that to shame! The 1150 AM
broadcasting tower about 1/4 mile from my QTH made it difficult to pull out the
weak ones. I ran the attenuator through out the contest and many of my fellow
MWA'ers were still 10 over! I had a couple decent runs too! One 10 QSO rate was
80 something... not good if your at W0AIH's but when your stoop down to the K9MU
level, that's cookin'! I think grounding one of my radials to the fence wire
that runs around an 40 acre field helped! No W6's or DX but overall a great
test.

Go MWA!!

Equipment:
+ IC-746 100w
+ Inverted "L" 1/4 wave of wire, 40 feet vertical though a walnut tree
and three 100 foot radials, one grounded to a fence
+ Lots of 807's

73
Justin, K9MU