[3830] ARRL 160 WD5R M/S HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Dec 6 00:23:58 EST 2004

                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: WD5R
Operator(s): W5OOO  N5ECT
Station: WD5R

Class: M/S HP
QTH: AR
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  QSOs = 1306  Sections = 78  Countries = 21  Total Score = 273,834

Our best effort!
Dedicated 1/4 vertical on hill top.
Good receiver.
Legal limit.
And yet our neighbor on the next hill trumps us!
'Spot light' conditions ain't that spotty.
No way we can increase our transmit signal.
The cows will tell you it ain't cause we don't have enough wire out.
About the only thing left is the apparatus between the head phones.
We sat around today crying in our grape juice.
Then late in the afternoon we perk up and say,
"Considering K5GO's reputation, for a couple old guys,
we ain't doing too bad if we close nuff ta snap at his rear. "