[3830] ARRL 160 W0UO Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Dec 7 08:55:59 EST 2004

                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: W0UO
Operator(s): W0UO
Station: W0UO

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: N Texas
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  QSOs = 872  Sections = 76  Countries = 7  Total Score = 146,993

Club: North Texas Contest Club

Comments:

Lost my antennas in a wind storm June 1, this is my first contest since
installing two towers to replace the one.  Finished the matching network for 160
at 230PM local, 1 hr 30 mins before the contest started, had been up since 6 am
and worked straight through the first night. I hope to be ready for the next
contest early!

QSB seemed to be much worse than normal this year, stations moving between S5
and inaudible.  I lost several contacts and at least two multipliers because of
this and owe my thanks to many stations who patiently stuck around until the QSO
was complete. I was bothered for about an hour and a half the second morning
with a new noise, possibly corona on the tower.

Congrats to the Minnesota Wireless Association.  I haven't counted the MN
stations, but there were a bunch, and good operators, too.

Congrats also to N0FP and K7RE.

73 de Jim
W0UO/5