[3830] CQWW CW 3E1A(DJ7AA) SOSB/20 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Dec 9 10:47:24 EST 2004

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: 3E1A
Operator(s): DJ7AA
Station: HP1XX

Class: SOSB/20 HP
QTH: Contadora Isl.

   20: 3611    40      149

Club: Rhein Ruhr DX Association

Comments:

First of all, thanks Gunter HP1XX, to letting me use his very fine station.
Thanks Trey N5KO for fine help in preparation for the contest.

The contest did not run actually in such a way, as I had expected it.
In the week before the contest 20m was at night always open to Europe.
But nothing is like that,as it was.Electric rain in the second hour put the
rate down. This Force12 Beams are vy sensitively .After 6 hours the band was
suddenly dead, those expected EU opening was missing.
It would be better to make here a short nap in order to be better fit then
after the Sunrise opening. So I went to 80/160m to give some multiplier out.
Particularly I appeared about 2 hours too late again on the band,
Europe was already going down after  1800. I had the feeling to be in the
absolute solar cycle minimum. But the 2.  Day developed then nevertheless
still
in such a way, as it had expected. A excellent JA opening after 2200 , loud
signals until 0400UTC ,20m later run the whole Day toward Europe,
unfortunately I missed many (actually light) european multis.
But I will not complain. This result will be a new claimed NA-Record
and I had lots of fun. Tnx everyone, how made this contest a succes.

So, wonder if EA8EA ore CN2KM could setup a new World Record.

73 Wil DJ7AA

Statistic:

    NA      54.1
    SA       1.7