[3830] ARRL 10 K8IA SO Mixed LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 12 19:17:51 EST 2004

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: K8IA
Operator(s): K8IA
Station: K8IA

Class: SO Mixed LP
QTH: AZ

   CW:  421    63
  SSB:  479    66
-------------------
Total:  900   129  Total Score = 341,334

Club: Central Arizona DX Assn

Comments:

IC-765, 100w to 3 el SteppIR at 78'

Lets see....to work the east coast early you beam 120 degrees and then that
straightens out later. To work the upper midwest you beam 120 degrees and that
somewhat straightens out later. To work Florida about all you need is a
coathanger (must be 200 FL in the log, maybe more)favoring any direction. And to
work JA you beam either west or direct. All this craziness it MUST be 10
Meters!!!

Enjoyed it even though the "affects" of running low power, high absorption and
all, is starting to be felt. Only 60% of the QSO total I had last yr and less
than half the score. Should have spent more time paying attn to mults this yr.Oh
well.... ;-)

I'll be back next yr....just dont ask me why. ;-)

73,

Bob K8IA
Arizona USA