[3830] ARRL 10 VE3WG SO Mixed LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 12 19:28:57 EST 2004

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: VE3WG
Operator(s): VE3WG
Station: VE3WG

Class: SO Mixed LP
QTH: Etobicoke
Operating Time (hrs): ?

   CW:  132    52
  SSB:  150    50
-------------------
Total:  282   102  Total Score = 84,864

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Should have passed on this one. Friday night slow but OK till 0300-first contact
VE3, second ZL. Saturday the band went south-nothing across the Mississippi.
Local states were dead and going that way. Sunday the west opened a bit. AZ, OR,
WA and BC which were gone all Saturday. I found lots else to do and took many
breaks. I wish it had snowed more so I could have gone out and shoveled a bit.
The last two hours opened a bit to the west coast, 2-3 hours after dark - go
figure.

Heard VE2,VE1,VO1,VE4,VE5 and VE6 but couldn't work them. Ditto for at least 8
US states. Skip was long with hops at 3000, 9000 and 13000 km- first call
response. Anything under 1000 km was multi calls and corrections. MN worked in
the last hour.

See you in the RAC Winter Contest next weekend. Hope the west learns to turn its
antennas east instead of south.

Thanks for qsos.

73

Bob