[3830] ARRL 10 WC4E SO Mixed HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Dec 13 15:06:24 EST 2004

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: WC4E
Operator(s): WC4E
Station: WC4E

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: FL

   CW:  910   104
  SSB: 1269   103
-------------------
Total: 2179   207  Total Score = 1,278,846

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

Missed Friday night completely. First time in 23 years of doing this contest. I
was 200-300 qsos behind right from the start and felt like I never caught up.

Mostly fun contest this year. Really slow hours at the end hoping for an opening
that never came. Seems line noise was a common theme here in FL. The line noise
for me was bad if I pointed anywhere South of East and West. Made VK/ZL and all
SA hard to copy. Occasionally it would be loud enough to cover weak stations to
NW and NE, but not too bad thank goodness.

Only missed ND on SSB for a sweep of USA. Nice to get DC within my first hour on
Sat (12z). Yet another year where I made more SSB than CW qsos. Told myself I'd
make more cw qsos but it never seems to work out. I'd stay on CW until no
answers for long time, then switch modes. Oh yea, I really loved the new glitch
with my logging PC where the voice keyer/CW keyer card locked-up completely when
I switched modes, prompting a reboot or software restart EVERY Time. That was
very nice and productive.

Heard but not worked: P29,T49, and ZS5. Then I see all the other countries on
and I wonder, where was I? Got a JA on CW but never heard one on SSB. What an
amazing Scandinavian opening from 19-21z on Sat!! LA, SM, OH and an OX all 20+db
over. But no qty, it was real late there.

Great to hear K4OJ call in there. Thanks Kevin N4KM and W1YL for making that
happen. FB LP Score!

FB efforts from all of the Florida Contest Group. I got many compliments on how
many FL stations were on this weekend!

Thanks for all the QSOs!
Happy Holidays
73