[3830] ARRL 10 N4BP SO CW HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Dec 13 15:51:25 EST 2004

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: N4BP
Operator(s): N4BP
Station: N4BP

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: FL
Operating Time (hrs):

   CW: 1068    94
  SSB:
-------------------
Total: 1068    94  Total Score = 401,568

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

For the first 24 hours, my power lines were the quietest I've heard in 37 years
of living in FL.  But at 9PM on Saturday, someone pulled a switch and I went
from pin-drop quiet to S9 noise in every direction for the remainder of the
contest.  What a let down!  Saturday morning, the band was very selective in EU
offering only QSO's with Spain and France.  Sunday morning offered up much more
variety, but could not take advantage of it with no ears...
Shock of the contest: Second QSO was a call from K4OJ!  I had no idea that OJ's
mom, Ellen and good friend Kevin, N4KM had plans to activate the call.  It
stopped me in my tracks, but I happily logged the QSO.  Congrats to Kevin for
topping my HP score with LP.  I'm sure the original OJ has a huge smile on his
face.
My daughter and two of my grandchildren were visiting for the weekend and were
very understanding of my desire to do the contest.  I quit 2 1/2 hours early on
Sunday afternoon to have dinner with them and spend the rest of the evening.

Station: FT-1000MP, AL-1500, TH7DX @ 65ft, N1MM Logger