[3830] ARRL 10 N4PN SO Mixed HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Dec 13 19:49:30 EST 2004

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: N4PN
Operator(s): N4PN
Station: N4PN

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: St. George Is., FL

   CW:  894    85
  SSB: 1279   110
-------------------
Total: 2173   195  Total Score = 1,148,192

Club: Florida Contest Group - Panhandle

Comments:

I think I was finally in the right place for this contest. Several stations
commented that it sounded like the ARRL 10m Florida Contest with all of the
activity from the Florida group.
Friday night the band stayed open much later that I would have expected.
The only big mistake was not setting the clock to get up early on Saturday
morning and by the time I got downstairs the band was already cooking.
Saturday night I was working station in Georgia 5/9 plus that were barely
200 miles away. South Carolina, Alabama and North Carolina which can some-
times be a problem on 10m was no problem this time. Worked a bunch in all
three states.
Some of the surprises was being called by 5H3HK on Sunday afternoon and
YL0A and SM/OH's at midnight here on Saturday night.
Never heard a ND station on either mode but sure someone must have been
on. Ditto for AK.
I have taken down my C31XR and that tower. Used a C19XR on the 40m tower.
Other than missing out on a few contacts on Saturday morning the only other
little problem was the rotator was going at snails speed and expected it
to stop at any time but it keep going.
Thanks to all who called and the few that I just couldn't pull out in the
QSB....
73, Paul, N4PN