[3830] ARRL 10 K2PS SO Mixed LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Dec 14 15:27:49 EST 2004

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: K2PS
Operator(s): K2PS
Station: K2PS

Class: SO Mixed LP
QTH: DC

   CW:  207    57
  SSB:  131    46
-------------------
Total:  338   103  Total Score = 112,270

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

Despite much effort, I was unable to get a proper antenna for my mini-DXpedition
to the wilds of the DC section.  So I ended up with a dipole atop the four-story
apartment building of my son.  But I still had high hopes that, with a semi-rare
location, I'd be so in demand that stations would pull me through the mud.  You
know what they say about the best laid plans...  Turns out that I was so weak,
very few stations answered my CQ's, and apparently no one of those few saw fit
to put me out on packet (you guys have to share more).  So while I made lots of
stations happy, no one made me happy.  But still had fun, and battled the lousy
conditions with my lousy signal.