[3830] ARRL 10 W4MEL M/S HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Dec 15 09:42:04 EST 2004

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: W4MEL
Operator(s): W4MEL, K3IXD
Station: W4MEL

Class: M/S HP
QTH: SC

   CW:
  SSB:
-------------------
Total:  783   141  Total Score = 318,660

Club: Carolina DX Association

Comments:

Highlight on SSB was being called on Sunday by ZK1CG then several stateside
multipliers. The highlight on CW was finally working DC. This year we added an
amp, a 1/4 wave vertical on the dock, and internet "packet" cluster connection.
The other antenna is a Hex Beam at 40 feet. We did do better than last year but
we should have had a much larger score however.... We can't add anything else
about the conditions that haven’t already been said. Never knew CO was so hard
to work. Many CA, AZ, and South American stations are in the log. The only EU we
worked was an "I". Several AF, ZL, VK and HI stations made it into the log. No
/N nor /T stations heard nor spotted. Missed several close in states plus some
NE and NW states. We were glad to provide SC on both modes. One half the score
is credited to the Carolina DX Association. 73 de K3IXD and W4MEL