[3830] CQWW CW KP3Z(NP4Z) SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Fri Dec 17 19:29:02 EST 2004

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: KP3Z
Operator(s): NP4Z
Station: NP4Z

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Puerto Rico

  160:   46     8       25
   80:  447    20       64
   40: 1107    24       83
   20: 1103    33       93
   15: 1134    28       86
   10:  716    22       65

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

Thanks to all for Qsos... what a blast!

Struggled many times and I was very frustrated with the following:

1. multipliers hard to convince to move
2. 40 mtrs erratic
3. Runs never sustained long enought
4. lots of multipliers that with Low power I couldt work.
5. My capacity of understanding that the bands werent that great and it wasnt
me.
6.Staying awake....
7.Missing the 10 meters Dx runs.

After a very very very tought week, between my proyects in 6y and Kp4, I decided
to focus in not really winning and just having lots of fun, which I definitively
did... i wanted to do SO2r all the way, high power and my plan was all around
doing HP but  2hours before the contest had an inconvenience
with the ACOM and another borrowed amplifier also failed on me.

So the Gods wanted me on LP but I had no strategy for it. So I blame all my
frustrations to not having a plan for low power.. that never got me to the point
that I was happy with the performance during the contest, on the other hand I
was doing full time SO2R with 78 second radio multipliers, I felt I could have
worked more but LP is tought and just takes too many calls that take
concentration from the main radio run.

On the other hand I was very relaxed and had no pressure for score and Qsos
since I didnt had a particular Qso total, I sincerely think I could have brought
an additional 500-700 qsos to the log but I was just having too much
fun doing second radio mults and Also searching for mults on the main running
band.

I felt bad of my mult number after the contest but then after seeing some of the
mult number of the HP guys and other LP entrants im not concerned.
My congrats to 3v8BB who was certainly in a different contest.. great mults
and qsos..
Thanks to   Jeff TJ and tom w2sc for support....
Now we just have to wait another year.. :(

Many thanks to all....

Felipe
Np4z/Kp3z