[3830] RAC Winter VA3NR SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sat Dec 18 20:34:16 EST 2004

                    RAC Winter Contest

Call: VA3NR
Operator(s): VA3NR
Station: VA3NR

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: ON

  160:   71     26       7         3
   80:  123     97       9         8
   40:   92     78      10        10
   20:   58     74      10         9
   15:   18     21       6         4
Total:  362    296      42        34  Total Score = 391,096

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Had fun and learned a few things.  Plan was to beat my personal best from '98
and made more QSO's but fell short on mults.  I knew what to expect from the
high bands but I was hoping for more from 40-160.  High noise level much of the
time prevented a more competitive score.  There's always next time.

Usually the station is fairly reliable but I had a couple equipment issues.  I
added microphone switching to my SO2R setup.  It tested fine in the week before
the contest but on Friday I couldn't get decent audio out of it.  So the second
rig was good only for a few interleaved CW QSOs.  The other problem was the
tuner I put at the base of my 160M inverted-L to use it on 80M started to become
intermittent due to weather.  Had to resort to using the HF6V on 80 which has at
least 10-20 dB worse S/N.

Anyway, enough excuses.  It was still fun and I appreciate all the QSO's.  Quite
happy to exchange greetings with all the usual suspects. C U often in 2005!

Merry Christmas and prosperous New Year!

Chris, VA3NR.

___________________

[Mark-V Field, FT840, 40M Inverted-V at 30', 160M Inverted-L, Butternut HF6V
Vertical]
___________________

Hour        Q/Mults  Cumm

D1-0000Z    58/8     58/8