[3830] RAC Winter VE3KZ SOSB/20 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sat Dec 18 23:31:49 EST 2004

                    RAC Winter Contest

Call: VE3KZ
Operator(s): VE3KZ
Station: VE3KZ

Class: SOSB/20 HP
QTH: Milton, ON

   20:  165    413      12        13
Total:  165    413      12        13  Total Score = 88,850

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Murphy kept me company Saturday morning. The amplifier was dead when I turned it
on. One blown 15A fuse and no replacement. After leaving the matter for later, I
kept on with the 150W exciter but it definitely wasn't doing what I had been
doing the night before. After 5 hours I broke down and visited the local RS.
Luckily the fuse problem appeared to be just old-age and the AL-1200 was back on
the job. It will be interesting to see what effect it will have on the 20m
standings! Only missed VE8 on CW. Thanks to VY0DU for QSYing to CW and to VE8NSD
for the SSB QSO. Need to get him a key for next time!

Thanks for all the Q's folks. A ton of fun as usual!

73 Bob VE3KZ