[3830] TBDC K8IA Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 19 14:21:02 EST 2004

                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: K8IA
Operator(s): K8IA
Station: K8IA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: DM43 (AZ)

Total:  QSOs = 226  Total Score = 1,872

Club: Central Arizona DX Assn

Comments:

IC-765, 100w to Inverted L (65V'X75H'), Inverted Vee apex at 70'. Also pair of
K9AY Rx Loops

This was a tough one for me. Cndx not nearly as good as ARRL 160M Test a few
weeks ago. Many more repeats needed for the guys on the other end. TNX for
staying with me folks! 100w and simple antennas just dont cut it when the band
is like this.

The "score for distance" feature of this contest make it a wonderful event and
something we west coast isolated types can acquire a decent pts/qso ratio, as
nearly anything in the eastern USA has a high points total. The downside of
that, of course, is that you have to have a signal and cndx to make those high
pt qso's easy.

High point qso's (20 plus each before pwr mult for JA)here were 4 JA's (tnx to
JA3YBK, JH4UYB, JA5DQH, and JA6JPS for great ears and op skills!) also 2 KL7, 2
KH6, PJ2, KV4 and a bunch of New England stations (heck they count 8-9 pts
before pwr mult in FNxx grids, that a high pointer for me). Tnx guys and gals!

CU in NAQP and CQ160 CW next month. A very happy holiday season to everyone
here!

73, Bob K8IA
nr the Superstition Mts
Arizona USA