[3830] TBDC W7TMT Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Dec 20 12:00:07 EST 2004

                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: W7TMT
Operator(s): W7TMT
Station: W7TMT

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: WWA

Total:  QSOs = 144  Total Score = 512

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

As others have stated conditions here in the northern corner of the Left Coast
were way down from the ARRL 160 two weeks ago.

Flew my new balloon supported 1/4 wave vertical over saltwater as I did in the
ARRL 160. Did a lot better than last years TBDC when I used a rather compromised
top fed “L” from the old boat. (Last years antenna was compromised because the
other sailboat, designated to support the far end of the top fed “L”, decided to
take his new super-model girl friend sailing. It's hard to understand some
peoples priorities.)

In this one I did manage P2, KH6 and one JA. As Brian, N9ADG related in his
comments, the PFP (Prize For Patience) goes to JH4UYB who persevered and managed
to dig out everything needed to complete my one and only JA Q. Even with the 1/4
wave vertical the JA path was very difficult from here with only a 100 watts.
Band was very noisy and signals from all over that are usually beacons were way
down. To illustrate, when K9DX is marginal copy in the middle of the night here
in WWA you just know conditions are poor.

As always thanks to Tree, Lew and all the rest of the Boring Amateur Radio Club
for running this great event.

Patrick
W7TMT