[3830] TBDC N5IA Single Op QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sat Dec 25 11:14:20 EST 2004

                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: N5IA
Operator(s): N5IA
Station: N5IA

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: DM52

Total:  QSOs = 194  Total Score = 2,948

Club: Cactus Radio Club

Comments:

As others have noted, the conditions this year were not as good as last year.
This station and operator had 30% less Q's and 67% less score than the 2003
final tally.

Early on the east coast signals were weak and most of those stations were not
workable until the EU window had closed and they were specifically listening to
the west.

The 1000 and 1100 hours were VERY slow.  Once I dozed off and was finally
awakened by N6TR answering my CQ.  Thanks, Tree!!!!!!!!!

No EU, SA or VK/ZL heard here, let alone worked.  Managed KV4, PJ, two KH6's and
KL7 for the best DX until the last few minutes of the contest.  JA's were weak
and unworkable at QRP until I was able to make two of my last four Q's with JA
stations for my longest contacts.  Both of those were multi-minute efforts just
a few minutes before sunrise.  Thanks guys.

Congrats to the great scores from farther east and around the world.  Merry
Christmas and the best to all in the upcoming year of 2005.  CU all in the CQ WW
160 contests.

Milt, N5IA