[3830] NA Sprint SSB K4NO HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sat Feb 7 20:10:26 EST 2004

                    NA Sprint SSB Contest

Call: K4NO
Operator(s): K4NO
Station: K4NO

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Alabama
Operating Time (hrs):

---------------------
Total:  87     Mults = 30  Total Score = 2,610

Club: South East Contest Club

Team: SE Sprint Coalition

Comments:

This was going to be a part time effort due to a birthday party at our house for
my wife's cousin's. I had to go down to the basement for a minute to return an
extra chair and I got to sneak into the radio room.  I had the radio on  and was
suprised to see that 20 was still open. I jumped in without really tuning the
amp.  If I don't take an extra 20 seconds to tune the amp on 20, I get into the
computer speakers upstairs.  Well, 1/2 the dinner party was on the computer and
finally figured out where the noise in the speakers was comming from and I got
busted.  20 sounded great with short skip.

After everyone left, I had the last 50 minutes of the contest to operate.

Looks like some records will fall in this one as there were some huge numbers
late.

Cu in the next one .

Greg K4NO