[3830] ARRLDX CW JI6CUK/1(@JA1BPA) SOSB/10 QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Feb 23 06:20:27 EST 2004

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: JI6CUK/1
Operator(s): JI6CUK
Station: JA1BPA

Class: SOSB/10 QRP
QTH: Tokyo

   10:  66     14
-------------------
Total:  66     14  Total Score = 2,772

Club: University of Tokyo Contest Club

Comments:

My first ARRL DX in 18 years (since 1986).  I used to work from
JA1YWX/JA1ZLO/JG1ZUY when I was a university student, but left the air only to
come back on in last spring.

Maybe I was too late to enjoy the current cycle, but 10m was better than
expected over the weekend.  Saturday morning (JST) opening was much shorter than
expected, but Sunday moring was enormous.  At the peak hour of 00-01Z, I could
even call CQ to be called by several stations from CA.  The final hour on Monday
morning probably offered the longest distance propagation, although there were
not many stations on the band.

Thanks to all "good ears", especially to K9NS (IL), K4WI (AL), K5GO (AR), and
two FL stations for picking up my probably S1-strength signal!

Hope to see you again on the air.

Icko (JI6CUK/JA1BPA)