[3830] ARRLDX CW N3RS M/2 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Feb 23 18:06:25 EST 2004

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: N3RS
Operator(s): NN3ED, N3RD, W8FJ, K3WU & N3RS
Station: N3RS

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: EPA

   40: 1516   116
   20: 1280   114
   15: 1526   122
   10:  682   100
-------------------
Total: 6015   617  Total Score = 11,133,765

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

Band conditions on the low bands were the best we have seen in many years.  20M
and 15M were good, but 10M was disappointing with short openings and weak
signals accompanied by heavy QSB.  We tried very hard to nab DU9/N0NM and 9M6NA,
on 80M, but couldn't break through the pileup on 80M.  Just missed 5-band DXCC
as a result.

Congrats to K4JA and K1KI for providing unbeatable competition once again.
Maybe next year we will manage to do better.

I hope our signal showed some improvement this year, as all of the MP's were
modified to reduce key clicks.  Other MP owners should do the same.  We can then
get closer together without interfering with one another.  I'm sorry it took me
so long to get to it.

The antennas all played well, but heavy winds caused the high 80M rotating
dipole to slip in the rotor and as a result we also had the top 15M yagi
pointing 90 degrees from the indicated position.  Don't know how long it was
like that, but it was finally recognized and we compensated our aiming of the
rotor.

Thanks to all who worked and or spotted us this weekend.  we certainly could
tell when we were spotted!  We will see you in the SSB contest.

73 de Sig