[3830] RTTY Roundup K7ZUM Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 4 20:29:16 EST 2004

                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: K7ZUM
Operator(s): K7ZUM
Station: K7ZUM

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: OR

Total:  929  State/Prov = 53  Countries = 28  Total Score = 75,249

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

What a great time !! cept, where was europe ?? and what happened to the JA'S
??
and the Russian's ??  guess it was a good thing all the U.S. Canadian and
South
American stations were on, as I would have had nobody to help me play with my
toys !!  Speaking of toys !! was on 10 mtrs this afternoon CQ'ing away and
looked out my kitchen window, was a couple of the younger nieghbor kids out
front with puzzled looks on there faces, stood up and noticed they both had
brand new el-cheapo radio controlled race cars !! yep, you guys guessed it,
every time I would call C.Q. or answer a call, I would stop those little race
cars !! I would quit transmitting, they'd work again, I'd transmit, they'd stop
dead in there tracks !! poor kids, they were picking there cars up, shaking the
heck out of them, changing batteries, putting them back on the ground, kicking
them, shoving them, etc., and me ?? I was standing up watching, laughing so hard
I had tears rolling down my cheeks, trying (had a good run going) to see the
calls on the screen through the tears, run rates, push buttons, watch kids, etc.
what great fun this RTTY round up was !!
     and If those kids (and parents) ever figure out what happened, I might come
home some day to my tower sawed off at ground level, and my antenna's sold for
scrap !!

73's and thanks to everybody for working me !

Ken...... K7ZUM