[3830] RTTY Roundup F6IRF M/S HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jan 5 02:32:52 EST 2004

                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: F6IRF
Operator(s): F6IRF
Station: F6IRF

Class: M/S HP
QTH: JN35

Total:  806  State/Prov = 37  Countries = 54  Total Score = 73,346

Only part-time effort; Started late finished early, and took extra
rest-periods...
Good activity on all bands, but  poor DX condx... No West Coast on 15m, and only
2xCA and 1xWA on 20 when the band was dying. Quite good with JA's on 15m in the
morning, but unfortunately it does not compensate for the lack of states and
provinces in the log...
Had a very noisy 40m during the first night with the dipole toward W. Same with
the 2elements on 20/15: had to offset the antenna 30-40 degrees toward north to
get an acceptable noise level (wish I had done it with the 40m dipole).
It never looked the right moment to move to 10m but the contest rules encourage
this conservatism, and thought had higher probability to work new states on 15,
as the MUF was too close from 28Mhz.
Anyway not too bad for my modest setup; my best overall average rate in a TTY
contest so far...

See you in another one soon, and again HNY...
Patrick

Rig:  Ic706 with additional band-pass filtering and 500hz IF filter . Homebrew
4CX250 PA - abt 400W
Ant: inverted-V dipoles for 40 and 80 at 18m(60') AGL - OB6-3M tribander
(2el/band) at 12m (40') AGL
mixW 2.10, which performed extremely well (almost "mouse free" operation with my
new macros)... By the way did not find anybody calling test in PSK - which was
the main reason for using mixW rather than MMTTY!