[3830] RTTY Roundup W0MA M/S HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jan 5 12:29:24 EST 2004

                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: W0MA
Operator(s): AB0RX K0BX
Station: W0MA

Class: M/S HP
QTH: MO

Total:  997  State/Prov = 58  Countries = 49  Total Score = 106,679

Club: BOEING EMPLOYESS ARC STL MO

Comments:

1st time using the club station, W0MA, for the rtty roundup.  No body knew the
callsign.  AB0RX and I (K0BX) decided to to the MSHP.  After all, no worries
about TVI or xyl's.  Station on company property.
Main rig:  IC-775DSP and Henry 4K Amp @ a hair under 1500 Watts
2nd  rig:  IC-756 and Ameritron AL-82 (2 3-500Z) @ 1100 Watts
Antenna:   ForceTwelve 5 on 10/3 on 15 & 20 and 2 on 40 on a 39 foot boom.
           Wire Antenna 40/80 on roof of 3 story building.
Shack:     Communications trailer.  Box within a Box for RF shielding.
Tower:     US HD 72' w/motor
The Henry 4K would not load on 10/15 so we used the 2nd station for it.  Both
computers networked so log were always in Sync.
Our goal was 1000 Q's, we made 1007 but after dupes it was 997.
Highlight:  Having HS1PDY call us on 20 meters Sunday Morning and then spotting
us on the DX Cluster.
Lowlight:   Rain storm from 7 am to 1 pm on Sunday with heavy rain static.
Making the morning copy very poor.  It rain so hard we could not hear the rtty
tones in the speaker for the noise on the trailer roof.

Good time was had by all.

K0BX Joe for W0MA