[3830] NAQP CW N3BB Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 11 05:34:57 EST 2004

                    North American QSO Party, CW

Call: N3BB
Operator(s): N3BB
Station: N3BB

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: TX

Total: 1124   251  Total Score = 279,363

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Team:

Comments:

What happened to 20 meters?  Ten meters was pretty good to start, and I stayed a
long time there and on 15 thinking 20 would be the "wide footprint" default band
when they were gone, but the grinch stole 20 meters here.  40 meters was
terrific-probably spent too much time there.  I made the same foolish error as
in previous years and didn't leave enough time on 80/160 for mults.

This contest is a real mental strain, and a good operating test.  I was really
tired after ten hours of it.

I used TR and am getting the hang of it, but still need to be better at
recognizing when I need to ask someone to QSY.  Missed several easy
opportunities when I failed to see that the mult was needed on other bands.  I
need to find a way to recognize needed mults earlier than when the program logs
the station and then it's too late.

CTDXCC had twelve stations sign up for three of our silly Austin Powers teams!
Nice turn out and I think the guys had fun.