[3830] NAQP CW NU8Z Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 11 06:06:36 EST 2004

                    North American QSO Party, CW

Call: NU8Z
Operator(s): NU8Z
Station: NU8Z

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MI

Total:  571   181  Total Score = 103,351

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Team: MRRC #2

Comments:

Expected to operate only about 4 or 5 hours, but was able to get in 8 hours.
Conditions seemed pretty good on 10 and 15. Had problems getting anything good
going on 20. Made an early trip to 40 meters before sunset and condition were
pretty good. Went back to 20 and then back to 40 about 45 minutes later and the
conditions on 40 were very bad. Signals were very weak and the band was long. 80
and 160 were in pretty good shape and 40 meters yielded some good results when I
went back later in the evening.
I have been having some problems with some local QRN. It would come and go.
There were some times when I would just get up and walk away for about 10
minutes. When I came back, it would be gone??
OK, enough complaining! I did have fun!! Activity seemed to be pretty good! When
I changed bands there were always new stations to work and I could always get a
little something going when I called CQ. Good to hear everyone and thanks for
getting on the air!
73 Mark NU8Z