[3830] NAQP CW K8MR Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Jan 14 07:54:55 EST 2004

                    North American QSO Party, CW

Call: K8MR
Operator(s): K8MR
Station: K8MR

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: OH

Total:  604   181  Total Score = 109,324

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Team: MRRC #3

Comments:

I did not start until about 21z, and then took some time off to eat with the
family and the like.  By that time the bands were going to crap. It had me
thinking about VY1JA's frequent observations of hearing but not being heard. So
I took off some more time.  But when I got on to make an an appearance on 80,
the K index had dropped to 1 and the bands had become pretty decent. So I kept
at it until the end.

Psychic pass award:  I knew I needed IN on 40, so I kept thinking about which
Hoosier to bother.  But when I called WT9U on 160, he asked *me* to qsy to 40,
which we did successfully.