[3830] NAQP SSB N9CO(@N9CO/0) Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 18 14:50:59 EST 2004

                    North American QSO Party, SSB

Call: N9CO
Operator(s): N9CO
Station: N9CO/0

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Colorado

Total: 1138   206  Total Score = 234,428

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Team: SMC #1

Comments:

This was my first full-bore effort in a phone NAQP contest, and one of only a
handful of efforts dating back to 1974 when WB0JYK used to tear 'em up in the CD
parties for 200 qso's or so.

I've come to the conclusion that if I ever operate a phone contest again, that I
will need a voice keyer.  I have a pc setup with SBDVP for TR but used my 1990
vintage ALR Ranger laptop (25 MHz 486) for logging.  No soundblaster in this old
puppy.

Tried my best to lubricate my aching throat with cold 807's, but the rate kept
me from doing so.  20m was unbeliveable for me... I first went to 20 at 2100z.
First hour was 131.  Second hour was 141.  Third hour was 128.  It was a real
kick having VE9DX call me on every band from 10 through 40.

Very simple station setup.  Once again, I used the "Cabin" near Rye in the
Greenhorn Mountains.  8000' elevation with a clear shot to the east.  140'
dipole fed with ladder line up about 40' (average).  Homebrew balanced L-network
tuner.  FT-1000MP.

It was great saying "hi" to friends and chatting with a few.  For me, that was
the best part of the contest.

Thanks for all the QSO's.

73,
Charlie  N9CO