[3830] NAQP SSB NA1QP(W1CTN) Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jan 19 17:27:53 EST 2004

                    North American QSO Party, SSB

Call: NA1QP
Operator(s): W1CTN
Station: NA1QP

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CT

Total:  639   159  Total Score = 105,435

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Team: YCCC #1

Comments:

Not one of my better scores.

But it is fun to drive the callsign NA1QP around for 10 hours.

My hat is off to my fellow YCCC team members in YCCC Yankee Clipper 1, Clipper 2
and The Green Mountain Boys. Lots of very good scores were produced.

I lost quite a number of needed Q's by not going to 40 meters earlier. 40 has
always been a big producer for me and I simply got there too late to help my
score. No more dinner breaks at 1800-2000 local, straight thru 10 hour operating
from now on.

This was my first NAQP with my new T10 log periodic and I do not know if it is a
step up or down from the old classic 33. More operating will tell. I just didn't
feel LOUD on it. It is possible that I have just squeezed as much performance as
I can from a 43 foot tower installation.

He is my ant farm:
160 dipole @ 40'
160 inverted L 40' vertical X 35 radials
80  dipole @ 40'
40  dipole @ 45'
20- 10 T10 10 element log periodic @ 43'

ANT FARM PROJECTS 2004

40 meter 4 square with elevated verticals, bases elevated 24' above ground.

80 meter inverted L 50' vertical x 35 radials

160 meter inverted L lengthened to 50' vertical and caged for bandwidth

Installation of AB-577 military tower

CU in the pileups
Dave NA1QP/W1CTN