[3830] CQ160 CW W8JI(W4AN) Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 25 05:02:52 EST 2004

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: W8JI
Operator(s): W4AN
Station: W8JI

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: GA

Total:  QSOs = 1507  State/Prov = 57  Countries = 66  Total Score = 758,172

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Missed: VY2ZM, VE4, VE6, V3 that I heard or figured were on.  Tried to find
VY2ZM on several passes through the band with the "other VFO".  I heard them in
the window calling someone once.

Worked 8 JAs

Thank God this contest is 30 hours now.  Finished up this morning at 13Z.
Smarter move would have been to miss 0900 and 1000 and then operate the end of
the contest Sunday night.  But, that isn't in the cards for me.

The European runs were unbelievable both nights.  Started early and never faded.
 Sorry if I was calling for DX and I missed you, but as long there are 10
pointers calling... they get priority.  I don't make the game, but I know how to
play it.  :)

2 Point QSOs:  1072
5 Point QSOs:  66
10 Point QSOs:  369  (about 100 more than last year)

335 European QSOs

Thanks to Tom & Marsha for having me.

73

Bill Fisher