[3830] BARTG Sprint VE5CPU Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 25 12:59:24 EST 2004

                    BARTG RTTY Sprint

Call: VE5CPU
Operator(s): VE5CPU
Station: VE5CPU

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: SK

   80:    2    2
   40:   17   17
   20:   36   36
   15:  119  119
   10:   60   60
-----------------
Total:  234  234  Mults = 33  Total Score = 38,610

Summary  234 * 33 * 5 = 38610
Bit the bullet, purchased WriteLog Friday afternoon (early birthday present from
my wife) and retired WF1B RTTY.  Decided to test drive WriteLog in the BARTG
Sprint.  After a quick tour of the software and checking out Don's, AA5AU and
Scot's, K9JY web sites, I had enough background to operate the software.
Thanks Don and Scot for some great info on WriteLog and special thanks to Wayne,
W5XD for a great piece of software.  I was pleasantly surprised how well
behaved a Windows program WriteLog is.

Since I was experimenting with new software, I was only playing around in the
contest and really did not have much expectation as to how many contacts I would

make    Band conditions from here were moderately good on the North/South paths
and not very good heading into Europe or Asia.  I did manage a couple of OH
and some JA with a sprinkling of a few other DX stations, but contacts outside
of the Americas were hard to come by.  After a couple of hours of search &
pounce
and playing with WriteLogs layouts, I settled into an arrangement I felt
comfortable with and decided to do a little running.  Although not great rates,
I had a lot of fun
for the next several hours.  I was pleasantly surprised at how quickly I fell
into a decent routine with WriteLog and racked up a couple hundred Q's.  Thanks
to all
those who dropped by and exchanged QSOs.  Look forward to working you again in
the next one and having even more fun with WriteLog - highly recommend!

73, Bart - VE5CPU