[3830] CQ160 CW WA1Z Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 25 16:16:12 EST 2004

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: WA1Z
Operator(s): WA1Z
Station: WA1Z

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: NH

Total:  QSOs = 291  State/Prov = 38  Countries = 17  Total Score = 45,650

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

When you live in this great state of New Hampshire during this particular time
in the national election cycle, you never know who's going to be knocking on
your door some evening.  On Friday night, 23:45z, I was just settling in the
shack and preparing for this contest when the doorbell rang...

To my surprise, standing on my porch was Governor Howard Dean who was
campaigning door to door in the neighborhood.  After a short chat with him I
mentioned that I had some plans this evening that I needed to attend to.  I
explained I was a ham radio operator and I was competing in a competition this
weekend.  Governor Dean asked to see the station and I happily showed him.

By that time the contest had already started.  I explained to him how the rules
worked, points per contact and multipliers and such.  So, I made a few contacts
as he watch on.  However, every time I worked a new multiplier he kept jumping
up and down...

"NOW WE HAVE MICHIGAN, AND NEW YORK!! AND DELAWARE!!!  SOUTH DAKOTA WAS JUST
SPOTTED ON 1.842!!!!  YYYEEAAAHHHH!!!!"

Now, for the disclaimer:

The preceding poor joke is not intended to be an endorsement or non-endorsement
of any candidate.  Nor does the reference to the use of the DXcluster imply the
cluster was actually used -- <g>.

73 and respecting everyone's opinion on every issue,
Bob WA1Z