[3830] CQ160 CW K1PX Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 25 16:50:17 EST 2004

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: K1PX
Operator(s): K1PX
Station: K1PX

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CT

Total:  QSOs = 860  State/Prov = 55  Countries = 30  Total Score = 193,035

An interesting contest again this year. Friday night was a struggle with the
noise and seemingly poor conditions from the solar CME's over the last few days.
Saturday night started slow with only 34 Q's in the first 3 hours. Frankly, I
almost packed it in. But, the conditions started to improve significantly and
around 0200Z, the band really opened up. I couldn't believe there were mini
pileups of EU's calling me. For my station, that is different! Missed ND, AK,
VE4-VE6, LB and the Northern Territories (of course!)Nice DX included PR0F and
D4B but no Pacific except KH7X. One of these days, I have to try this SO2R deal.
Thanks to all for the FB QSO's. 73, Jim, K1PX