[3830] CQ160 CW N7KA Multi-Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 25 18:17:41 EST 2004

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: N7KA
Operator(s): N7KA, AA5B, WA7LNW, K5TA, K5TQ
Station: N7KA

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: New Mexico

Total:  QSOs = 975  State/Prov = 57  Countries = 22  Total Score = 177,513

Club: Other (specify when prompted)

Comments:

CLUB:  New Mexico Big River Contesters

RIG:  FT-1000MK-V, ALPHA77 (first 1.5 hrs before reed relay hung-up) and TENTEC
TITAN 425 thereafter.  Antenna:  ONLY 1; my sloper for RX and TX.  Operated at
175W for 1+ hrs while AA5B went to K5TA's QTH to get TITAN after ALPHA quit.

Friday night ops: N7KA, AA5B, and WA7LNW.  Sat night ops:  N7KA, K5TA, and
K5TQ.

Missed VK6HD in Sunday morning noise, just could not get complete call until he
spotted me on cluster.  WAC on Fri night (ZL6QH) was nice.  Carib activity
seemed low.  Bettered my last entry (2001) score.

Thanks to all the ops for the QSOs.  Next years lets rotate NA 180 degrees and
let the East Coast guys try it from the West Coast.  Bottom line, IT WAS FUN
AGAIN.  Now to FIX the ALPHA.