[3830] CQ160 CW NA5NM Multi-Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 25 19:46:58 EST 2004

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: NA5NM
Operator(s): N2IC, N5IA, NA5S, WA6CDR, W7MCO
Station: NA5NM

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: NM in DM52

Total:  QSOs = 1210  State/Prov = 58  Countries = 34  Total Score = 309,028

Club: Cactus Radio Club

Comments:

What a great outing for NA5NM on 160.  We had hired guns N2IC and WA6CDR here to
bolster the team. Conditions were excellent Friday night.  The aurora oval moved
north just far enough to allow us a few southern tier EU contacts.  The JA run
was average with no strong signals.  Worked WAC in a bit over 9 hours and WAS
(50 + DC) in a bit more than 10 hours.  JT1CO was the last mult for the best one
night ever from this part of the world.

The new call produced a total of 84 dupes.  1210 total Q's minus 84 = 1126 good
ones.  We just worked 'em and logged 'em, but the rate was an astonishing 7%
overall.  Anyone else experience this?

Not quite as good Saturday night with very few stations to work.  The early,
short EU opening showed we were out hearing the TX signal.  It was especially
frustrating to hear A61AJ very well for an hour and not being able to break the
pile-up bedlam. Picked up a total of 3 more mults and suffered through the 9-10
Q's per hour rates.  Never heard the Provinces of LB, NWT, NB, & YT.  A
sprinkling of JA's and VK6HD were the only westernly additions to a slow-slow
2nd night.

For those who like those types of things, I have posted some of the breakdown
sheets below so you can see what it is like from the far SW USA.  Again, our
good friends in the Golden State kept us in business with more than twice the
number of Q's as the nearest contributor, the Lone Star State of Texas.

Thanks to everyone for the Q's. CU all in the SSB 'test in 5 weeks.  73 for now
de Milt, N5IA

QSO AND RATE BREAKDOWNS

station: NA5NM
contest: CQ 160 Meter Contest