[3830] CQ160 CW N1EU Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jan 26 04:59:22 EST 2004

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: N1EU
Operator(s): N1EU
Station: N1EU

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Albany NY

Total:  QSOs = 610  State/Prov = 51  Countries = 41  Total Score = 162,000

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Went toe-to-toe with Murphy throughout the weekend.  Hope you guys are grateful
that I kept him entertained and delayed his visit to your shacks.  Not much fun
playing with antennas and feedlines in the dark at –15C/0F to try and cure my
intermittent (but often) transmit signal anomalies.

No worries, CQ160 is my least favorite of the cw contests on my favorite band
with TBDC being my favorite.  I’d love to see a monthly 24-hour cw contest along
the lines of TBDC, except both ends of low power qso’s getting same point value.
 Yes, this would be ideal.  It’s too early in the season to be finished with
160cw contests, isn’t it?

Did manage to have some short runs that were great fun and enjoyed the new
thrill of stereo diversity reception.

73,
Barry N1EU